SET provides comprehensive Environmental Remediation Services to make sure you receive the safest, most efficient solution possible. We can handle any size issue or project.
Our staff has decades of combined experience in environmental remediation, including in-depth training and hands-on project work in the field. For every project, we put together a team who will provide you with excellent communication and teamwork at every step.
When remedial actions are necessary, the integrated SET approach combines the expertise of various operational groups within the company to form a seamless, cohesive operation that gets the job done right — and within budget.
Key to this approach is excellent communication, cooperation and a sense of teamwork between our groups to get the job done in the safest, most efficient manner possible. When SET is on site, our customers feel secure knowing that our reputation for professionalism and safety is well founded. Our environmental remediation services include the following:
- Construction of slurry walls — creating an engineered barrier in situ to encapsulate any contaminants from migrating
- Containment enclosures for odor control and air emissions — SET has engineered containment for hazardous materials such as mercaptan vessels, mercaptan contaminated soils and chemical warfare agents such as VX and tabun
- Excavation dewatering — this includes managing rainwater, groundwater or storm water; communicating into underground utility vaults, open excavations or cable runs using submersible pumps, vacuum trucks and temporary on-site water treatment systems; and then disposing water on-site under the local ordinance or transporting water to a waste water treatment facility
- Filter press treating of sludges from digesters or settling ponds — dewatering the sludge with a filter press greatly reduces the volume of materials for management on-site or off-site disposal
- Installation and operation of vapor extraction systems — these systems involve in situ remediation techniques, effective for volatile organic compounds in groundwater or underground zones of contamination where excavation is not a viable option
- Lagoon stabilization — hazardous and non-hazardous constituents can be solidified in place or pumped and processed through a filter press, and transferred back to the lagoon, applied to the land or transported for off-site disposal
- Oil/water separators — SET routinely inspects and cleans oil/water separators to make sure they are operating properly; oil/water separators filled with sludge that do not allow for phase separation will lead to environmental liabilities when oil “pushes” through the system
- Subsurface site investigations — SET can plot a sampling grid, gather samples, perform a soil analysis and report the results on a CAD diagram in the form of a site investigation report to delineate the extent of contamination for clients
- Tank farm dismantlement — once tanks have been decontaminated, SET can dismantle or demolish tanks for asset recovery
- UST/AST removal and abandonment — SET's certified tank experts can remove underground storage tanks or abandon tanks in place depending on site conditions and approval from local agencies
- In situ soil stabilization and solidification — SET can employ in situ chemical treatment, bioremediation or solidification of contaminated soil where site conditions dictate soil be left in place
- Fertilizer acquisition from lagoon remediation — sludges from sludge digesters and many lagoons make great soil nutrients; SET has secured land application permits for local agencies to supply fertilizer to foster rich soil conditions while reducing the amount of waste disposed by the client
- Transportation and disposal of waste — if in situ or land application is not available, SET is able to transport waste using its own fleet of trucks with roll off boxes and dump trucks; SET will also ensure liability elimination or reduction by ensuring that waste is disposed of at SET's Part-B permitted TSDF or at a strategic alliance partner facility